Please, use these directions as opposed to those provided by Mapquest or other GPS systems which can be different, confusing and sometimes just wrong! These directions also provide you with other navigational tips that can be extremely helpful in the mountains.
Directions to the Gingerbread Cottage
230 Lo Meadow Lane
Before you begin…it is a common assumption that “Bailey” proper is only on the west side of Crow Hill. However, this is not the case, the east side is also Bailey and that’s where you’ll turn off of 285.
With that said, here are your directions:
- From Hwy 285 & C470, follow 285 South into the mountains for 25 miles (check your odometer!).
- Left on Rosalie Road (at Dynamic Properties & Serenity Salon) for 2 miles.
- If you reach the traffic light near the Loaf & Jug…you’ve gone too far!
- If you go over Crow Hill…you’ve gone too far!
- Left on Country Road 72 for approximately 1 1/2 miles.
- Right on Hi Meadow (at mailboxes).
- Quick left at the fork in the road onto Sunny Ridge Lane.
- At the bottom of the hill, keep to the right on Lo Meadow Lane (street sign is currently missing).
- Follow to bottom where the road makes a left bend.
- The Gingerbread Cottage is the 1st house on the left after the bend. The address post is along the road with a gingerbread man hanging from it. (It is easiest to enter the driveway from the second entrance and leave from the first.)
Please beware that Hwy 285 is sometimes heavily patrolled!